Monday, April 16, 2007

PLEASE

visit this link: http://www.benefitforjen.blogspot.com/ and give what you can. This is benefiting a 13 year old boy that was diagnosed with colon cancer. His family just found out that his cancer has spread.

Those of you that know me know that cancer has touched my life not once, but twice. My first run-in happend when my son's best friend, Jeffrey (pictured below) was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of two. He fought for over 2 years, and sadly lost his battle when he was just 4 1/2 in 2003. It devestated us ALL, and still, to this day, continues to bring me to my knees.


The man pictured below is my best friend's husband, Steve (this was his West Point senior portrait in 1991). They were married almost 11 years when he was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called NK-lymphoma. He was so healthy, strong, and obviously gorgeous, and it was so hard to watch him fade away. He lost his battle six months after his diagnosis, in July of 2005, leaving behind his wife and two small children. This disease ruined their perfect life, and left us all broken in it's path.


So please, do whatever you can. Please pray for the Gallacher family, and especially for Joey. Please do your part in helping find a cure for this devestating illness, so that no other people have to suffer.

Thanks!
Pin It!

No comments: