Friday, April 06, 2007

Why it's been so long since I've posted...

So, I had to take a little trip to Texas. This beautiful woman is my grandmother. She had open-heart surgery and I headed home to help take care of her and my grandfather. It was a wonderful trip, and she is just recovering perfectly. It was so nice to spend some time with her and my grandfather. I enjoyed listening to their stories. They love each other more than anything, which is so special. My grandmother and I were sitting in her hospital room, chatting about the kids, and I mentioned how Austin's blue eyes just captivate me. She said that when my grandfather looked at her with his blue eyes, her heart just melted, and it's still the same way today. Then, the very next day, my grandfather told me how she is the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. I feel so blessed to be able to witness their love. I love that they are my example of what true love should be like. I am so thankful that I've found that kind of love with my hubby! The second pic is of my cousins and me with my grandmother. Love those people more than anything!



And here are some lacrosse pics of my boy. I have TONS of pictures to share, but I'm going to try to spread it out some.



Easter blessings for everyone!!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

i am so glad your grandmother is doing well....I noticed there hasnt been posts from you lately!

Kimberly said...

I am so glad your Grandma is feeling better! Prayers answered! YAY! Love those shots of your son too...and so happy about your love with your dh too...you are so blessed and loved! I LOVE you girl! xoxo :D

Kelli said...

wow that's incredible! I love your pics they are beautiful.

Jana said...

You are so blessed to have such loving & wonderful grandparents!! Great pics too. Oh yea, next time you come to TX I'd love to meet you! ;-)

Suzy Coborn said...

What a sweet tribute to Gammie and Golla!!! She loved having you here. You're a great grand-daughter. Yea! She's going home Tuesday!

Keep the posts coming - Stacy and I love reading them!

Suzy