Friday, May 16, 2008

Sketch This! RAK and what NOT to do when you're dieting.

Yep, Sketch This! is having a fabulous RAK. Janelle has created her 50th fabulous sketch sp hop on over there and take a look-see. There's some great goodies to be had.

This is my take on the sketch, which, of course, I LOVED!



Now, I don't know if you've ever made these before, but don't do it with swimsuit season so close. I know I ate at least half of the pan while making these, and they were scruptious. I don't think they lasted 2 days.

Indoor Smores

Ingredients:
8 cups golden grahams cereal (one 13 oz box)
1 1/2 cups Nestle toll house milk chocolate chips
6 cups miniature marshmallows (one 10 oz bag)
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup light corn syrup, optional

Melt 5 cups marshmallows (save 1 cup for later), all the chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat Stir in vanilla. Butter rectangular pan (13″x9″x2″)
Pour golden grahams cereal into a large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows.
Press mixture into pan with buttered back of spoon. Cool until as firm as you’d like. Cut into 24 bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Eveyone have a great weekend! I am going to post first communion pictures soon, and some new pics of the sweet doggie!
Pin It!

5 comments:

ricanlaw said...

Oh yeah can't wait to see the pics. You have a great weekend.

Nicole said...

AWESOME layout Amy...just awesome!!

Dena said...

Your layout turned out beautiful Amy and those smores sounds sooo stinking tasty! I think I just may have all the stuff to go make some.. YUMMM!!
I hope you are doing well! Drop me a line some time :)

karen akaliz said...

love the lo and your blog! never been here b4. i won't dare make those smores. we still have a breyer's left in the freezer (my fave--it's calling out to me right now).

Leslie Ashe said...

I LOVE your layout!
and oh WHOA! I'm so making those smores! :)