Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sooooooo

Just a few things to share today. First up, a LO I did for a challenge that my good friend Leslie told me about. I was supposed to share something that not many people know about me. Here's what I came up with:

It was a fun LO to do...although maybe a little creepy???

Next up, I decided to get the brazilian keratin treatment done. It isn't a chemical straightener, so it won't damage my hair. This pic of Matt and I will show you what my hair used to look like before I had my kiddos.

This was our engagement photo, and OMGosh get a load of all that HAIR! After I had my kids, my hair definitely relaxed some, but not enough to really look good straight, unless I spent a ton of time damaging it to force it to be straight. It also wasn't curly enough to wear it natural, it was sort of kinky/wavy. Not good for anyone, trust me. So, I got tired of fighting with it, had some friends that had the keratin treatment done and LOVED it, so I went for it. Here is what my hair looks like now.


It will not stay stick-straight like this, don't worry. I haven't washed it yet, because I have to wait 4 days, which means I won't be going anywhere because that's just YUCK! On Friday, when I wash it, I will see just what the treatment did. I am hoping it takes the frizz out, tames it some, and makes it eaiser to manage. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great Wed!!!
Pin It!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Your hair looks fab! Love it!

Tonya said...

OK, how lucky were you back then that you could have that hair without the perm that the rest of us needed?!!! :) You hair looks great now, would love to see what you think of the treatment after you wash it!

vtpuggirl said...

All the girls with curly hair want straight hair and vice versa! My sister has fought this battle for years too. Your hair looks nice, but having to wait 4 days, wow! I don't think I could do it!

:: gingerkitty :: said...

wow how much did it cost I know someone who was very happy with theirs.

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating
~my blog

Dena said...

Ohhh your hair looks awesome! It looks like you lightened it as well.
You are one pretty momma there Amy!

meganklauer said...

Love your feet layout!
Great new hair too! :0)

Amy said...

Wow !! I need to get this done to my hair! Your hair looks great!

casey boyd said...

Amy I love that layout...love color scheme and how you used the mist around the stamp outline...Mmmm!

And love the new do!

Karen said...

i'd love to spend the 4th in dc. lived in pa as a teen and spent a lot of time in dc then and it was our first duty station when hubby was in the army. we tried to go back for the next 20 years with no luck!