Saturday, July 11, 2009

Photoshop is AMAZING!!

OK, it's no secret that PS is totally my bff! I just can't believe all the fab things you can do with it. Although there are many people that think it's 'cheating' to use it to tweak your pics, I just adore what it can do for my photos! Take this pic, straight out of my camera, for example:
Notice that my sweet Georgia is blurry, and there's a straw blocking Austin's face??? I found another pic that Georgia was perfectly focused in, and copied it to this pic using the magic lasso. Then I used the clone stamp to remove the straw. This is what I got:


I further edited it by cropping, sharpening, and brightening the eyes.

The very talented Tina Cockburn posted a great tutorial on her blog showing how she edits pics. I used her back and white conversion here. Literally one click, and I loved what I got!


The July gallery is up at Mosh Posh. Loved, loved, loved being a guest on their DT this month. I was able to do so much with their kit! Here are a couple of my projects:



Have a great weekend!!! I'm sending some special hugs and support to those out there who really need it (and you know who you are!). XOXOXO
Pin It!

12 comments:

Ally said...

Wow! That's some GREAT Photoshop work! I never use that clone stamp well. I have tried and given up soooo many times!

Jana Eubank said...

Beautiful pictures, Amy! I *heart* Photoshop, too! Although I still have so much to learn! Thanks for the link . . . can't wait to check it out! Have a great weekend!

moonlightgrrl said...

Using photoshop isn't cheating. There is something to be said for being able to use PS effectively and I think you did a great job!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love what you did with Photoshop! Now I'm off to check out Mosh Posh - thanks for sharing!

Mireille said...

great photoshop work...
LOVE your projects!

Christie Wildes said...

Makes me want PS even more. *sniff, sniff* :) Love what you did with your photo. And that layout is just wonderful - what fabulous pictures to have and scrap. TFS

XO
Christie

Anonymous said...

Yes I do & thank you. Great pictures. I love you

ellen s. said...

i love your layouts and i looove PS also, i realy want to upgrade but have been putting it off.

i love your projects, looks like a great kit!

Jean-Paul said...

What you did with Photoshop is awesome. Great work.
Just discovered your blog and I love it.
I created a list on Delicious where I bookmarked all the blog we think deserve more recognition. I bookmarked your blog, add some tags and a short description.You can check it here: http://bit.ly/RfgpH

Thanks for sharing
JeanPaul

tina said...

That photo turned out great! I love that my tutorial helped you. =)

Staci said...

Love your beautiful work for MP, amy! And wow, that is amazing to see all that PS can do! I need to check out that link - I use PS all the time for my photos, but i'm not that advanced. I have no clue how to switch out a face like you did, and my cloning always comes out fuzzy!

Leslie Ashe said...

COOL techniques Amy! TEACH ME! I can't get the clone stamp to like me ONE BIT! So fun..your pictures are great!

HEYYYY look, I blogged about you! ;D