Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zoo pics and more layouts!

I took the kiddos and a couple friends to our local zoo yesterday, and it was just fabulous!


We had some close encounters with some camels that some loved, while other's didn't:



This was the cutest thing ever! A group of baby ostriches following their mama:


This was their favorite animal...a bongo??? Never heard of one before, but he was so friendly and they loved him!


So you may have noticed that I've been doing some serious scrapping lately. It's because a couple of my DT gig's are over, and I have much more time to scrap for me. I am sad that they are ending, but excited to see what the future holds. I will miss working with the gals over at work in progress so much! Trish is having a DT call right now, so get over there and try out! You'll love the kits so much, I promise, and Trish is so much fun to work with. I'm also sad to leave TDX. I have been with them over a year, and loved every minute of it!

Anywhoo, I created this LO using the Studio Calico may kit which I just can't seem to put down!


Hope you have a great Thursday. I'm off to a magic show with the kiddos!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Tonya said...

Love your SC layout. To make you feel better, I have NEVER heard of a bongo either! ;)

Denise said...

I have never heard of Bongo either. Well, except for the drum kind. Cool animals! It looks like you had a blast. Your layout is fabulous! I love the May kit, too. That little smiley face is one of my favorite embellishments ever. :o)

lisa truesdell said...

that lo is so fun - and so are the pics!

Allison Waken said...

Cute pictures from the zoo and I just looove that LO!

vtpuggirl said...

Cool SC layout! I know the feeling about DT gigs ending. My AKOTC gig is done too (she is in Europe now so no kits, and then when she gets back she is having another call.)

Danielle said...

What cute pics! Thanks so much for visiting me today, Amy! =)
Danielle

Stacey Michaud said...

Awesome layout! That SC kit rocks! You make me want to pull it out again!

Staci said...

This LO is so cool, amy!! I love the zig zag shape you made, and how you journaled along the bottom edge! love the zoo pics - looks like fun!

ellen s. said...

cute photos and i loove how you used that angle on the layout! i got some of that kit, too and just love it.

jamie said...

i saw your layout on the sc blog the other day and mean to get over here soon and say woot woot! to you. that is so great to be recognized by that group of uber talented folk. your layout certainly deserved it!
have a good one!