Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quite a wordy post..............

So, I've been quite stressed out regarding scrapbooking lately. With all the changes in my design teams, and everything, I'm just not sure exactly where I'm going, or where this hobby is going. More and more stores/companies are closing up shop, and it makes me worry that this hobby is headed for destruction. Pessimistic, no???

Anyway, I am trying to get my bearings and move forward, but it's a struggle. I created this layout about my kiddos and my brother. My brother is struggling right now, and I am praying that he rights himself soon. He has so much to give, and I hate to see him waste his life. ): Keep him in your prayers.


In other news, I am gearing up for our Reno trip. Georgia is doing much better with us leaving, and I feel comfortable with it now. Of course, she refuses to leave my side all day, and won't go anywhere without me, but hey, it could be worse. (:

Have a great, great Tues!
Pin It!

11 comments:

waleska said...

wonderful layout, Amy! :)

Nicole said...

great layout...and hang in there, we all hit rough patches! xoxo

em said...

It does make you wonder...where is the industry going?? Your layout is very sweet. :)

Mélanie Blackburn said...

Hi Amy! I have just recently discovered your blog and I love your work! I think you have so much talent, you must keep it up and show us more of your fabulous layouts. :) It is sad that so many companies are closing up but I am sure the industry will eventually turn around, it has too! :)

Houston said...

Beautiful layout, I'm sorry about the rough patches... hang in there, it only gets better. Oh and about the industry, I don't know where it's headed, sometimes I wonder if it grew too fast and now "the fat needs to be trimmed" sort of thing is happening... at least that is my hope.

Anonymous said...

Amen. Hope you realize how much you have done to help our sweet boy. It's in God's hands. Your pics make me cry. Hope he soon realizes what a wonderful family he has and turns it around. See you in Reno. Wahoo!!! Love you, Mom

Sara*P said...

Awesome layout - never doubt your talent - your pages are wonderful!! Hopefully things will pick up soon!

~Nancy~ said...

Hey sweetie.. I totally understand how you're feeling about the SB-industry at the moment.. I'm wondering the same.. which really gives me a sad feeling as well (that's also the reason my mojo went on vacation I think.. things aren't as fun anymore as before like when we all started at "in a Blink of en Eye"... things have changed so much lately! Hang in there girlie! XOXO

Stacey Michaud said...

Well, I love the layout! Your recent stress has no effected your end result! I think we all go through these phases--but it is not so bad because it helps us put it into perspective. Said a prayer for your brother!

Lydia said...

It is a wonderful layout but try to think positive and be pro active Scrapbooking has been around for hundres of years, trust me I have my great great great great grandmothers scrapbook. It is slighty over two hundred years old. She did not have any Cosmo cricket or Octber afternoon, but it is filled with photos pictures, memories and even a few menu's written on silk. Be hopeful and all will be well.

danilouwho said...

I've been thinking a lot about this kind of thing too, with scrapbooking. Things just keep changing don't they? Even when we want them to stay the same!