Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rejection and my black cloud

Yep, not a happy title. I have really had a rough summer this year. For some reason things have just not gone my way at all, but I am thinking that is going to change, because really it can't get any worse. Point in case:

First:
No matter who you are, or how successful you are, rejection still hurts. This is the first time in awhile that I have not had a full month of scrap assignments to worry about. Because my terms have ended on a few of my design teams, I find myself just wallowing around not knowing what I should be doing. I should be happy that I don't have as many commitments, and that I can just scrapbook for myself, but because I haven't done that in so long, it just doesn't sit well with me.

I didn't make a team (or two) that I REALLY WANTED, so I took yesterday to pout and be depressed, and now I'm moving on...or at least trying to. (:

Second:
Many of you know we are planning a trip to celebrate my hubby turning 40, which has brought up more stress and problems than I have time to explain. I will say that my sweet girlie is having the hardest time with us leaving. We are talking crying every night and suffering some pretty severe anxiety. It's obviously extremely hard for me to watch, and has taken the joy out of our trip like you wouldn't believe.

It took Matt and I forever to decide where to go, and finally we picked Reno. I was checking our flight reservations, and realize we are leaving from the WRONG AIRPORT!!! The site I booked with defaulted to another airport and I didn't even notice. Great.

Third:
Really, how can my life be so bad when I have these three...

and a pea:


The pea was throwing a bit of a fit because Georgia and I went outside without taking her. Oye!

Finally, a layout:



That's it for my Tues. I'm out.
Pin It!

9 comments:

lori said...

Ahhhh Amy welcome to my world, I was on a rollercoaster this week too. I also didn't make a team or two in the last weeks. I had the pouty blues this morning too...Keep your chin up and keep trying I love your work and I believe in you....You go girl!!!!

em said...

I love your layout. Have fun on your trip and try to enjoy it!!

Sharyn said...

ah - hang in there!!!!

my husband and I have been married since 1992 and have yet to take a trip sans kids. I've gone, and he's gone - but never the two of us together except for one night to a B&B just blocks from home while grandma babysat. LOL

Zorina said...

Have a great time in Reno,NV. It could be hard coz kids are staying behind...but just try, try to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day was bad. As your mom, I feel about you like you do about your kids. I hurt when you hurt. Just trust God to lead you in the right direction. He will. You have such a wonderful life. But life is filled with ups & downs. We do the best we can in every situation & that's all we can do. I love you. Mom

Erika said...

Amy - chin up girl - The rejection just means better things are on the horizon for you~ Great words of wisdom from your mom! Have a GREAT trip and Smile!

Sasha said...

SMILE BIG please .. hang in there girl ... I have those days all the time hun so I feel your pain. I think you are talented as heck .. not like I make a big difference ..

your family is beautiful

xoxo

*reyanna klein* said...

Awwww. Being rejected by design teams actually encourages me. LOL. I'm weird, I guess, but I look it as a way to better myself. Like... I could really better my card-making skills and perhaps trying a few new techniques, so that's how I'm looking at it. Now, I don't actually apply for design teams that often (maybe I've applied for like... three in two years), so it doesn't happen very often, but I know that there were hundreds of us who tried for AC, and hundreds of us who didn't make it, so really... at least we're in good company. ;-)

And about your daughter... I'm so sorry. Perhaps if you gave her something to look forward to while you're gone?! Like a gift or activity that she won't get until you leave... change the focus a bit?! I hope she's feeling better about it soon. I was like that once when I was young. It helped that the night my parents left, I got to ride in a limo!! :D

Hang in there, and have a great time in Reno! Enjoy it. :)

waleska said...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time and hope it gets MUCH better soon! I think you are FABULOUS and those teams are missing out big time!! :)