Thursday, August 13, 2009

Since my photography post didn't go over so well..........

I'm going back to posting layouts, LOL! Sometimes I get so many comments and I feel so loved, and then there's days like yesterday. J/K

I want to first give a shout out to some of my peeps. I have been truly blessed to make some fabulous friends through scrapping, who truly make my life so much better by being a part of it. After my depressing post the other day, I received some wonderful comments and emails that made my day.

First up, my crazy girl Sasha. Those of you that are lucky enough to know her know that she is REAL! She tells it like it is, and has a heart of gold. And the talent, I can't get over the amount of talent this girl has.

Next up, is Emily. I have known her as an acquaintance on a few message boards and always admired her work. She sent me the SWEETEST email ever! It totally made me cry. She is a scrappy star and I am looking forward to getting to know her better.

There are several other gals that I have crossed paths with during the five + years I have been hitting this industry that have had an impact on me, but no one tops this next friend of mine. Leslie. We were very, very close for a long time, and although we don't talk as much as we used to, I know I can always count on her. Talk about amazing talent, this girl has it and then some!

Staci is a new friend that I can't wait to get to know better. Her talent is beyond words, as is her personality. She and I are going to be great friends, I can tell.

One more, I have to add...I can't do a post about caring, wonderful people without this one coming to mind. Kimberly has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. She's had some serious trials to work through in her life, and thankfully has managed to come out on top. She is talented, gorgeous, and I just love her to death.

I am so grateful for all the friends I have made through this hobby. I couldn't have imagined it would bring so many special people into my life, and for that I am truly thankful.

On to my layout. Got a little messy with this one, used my Studio Calico kit, and love how it turned out.



Have a great Thursday. I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday, so I have a ton to do today to catch up.
Pin It!

11 comments:

em said...

Okay so I *was* going to post a comment on the photo post. But I'm so dense at photo editing that I didn't know what to say other than "hey, cool". ;) I need to learn...really need to learn!! Thanks for the shout out. That email wasn't meant to be sweet...it was just honest!! ;)

Trish said...

Amy, you are a total sweetheart and one of the people on my {i heart} list!! Beautiful layout--as always!

Leslie Ashe said...

Hello sweetness!
that was a wonderful suprise to see!
Talk about making my day...thank you! I feel the same about you. Maybe one day we can catch up! I'd love to...

thank you Amy!
hugs,
xoxo,
Leslie

Erika said...

Amy - Great LO! Love the blue pearl accents, really adds to it. Hope you are feeling better than you were at the beginning of the week!

Sara*P said...

How awesome to have made so many great friends! I love your layout - I really need to try those spray inks.

Vee said...

trueblood is so awesome! I will be sad when the season ends in September! cool layout too! :)

Rita said...

Gorgeous LO! Love all your stamping and inking!

Davinie said...

Where am I on this list? ha!
You picked some totally sweet peeps for a shoutout, and I really dig that layout! Love the painted frame.

waleska said...

yeah, ditto Dav. you missed me too! totally kidding! i'm glad you have some great friends.

that layout is totally cool!! :)

Kimberly said...

Amy!!! You are the sweetest and most special thoughtful and caring person! Thank you for your sweet words too...totally made my heart shine! LOVE ya girl! (((hugs)))
Have a beautiful and Blessed day and weekend! :) *muah*

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! I swear our "babies" were seperated at birth (okay 5 months apart). Do you hang on the couch watching the kids or TV? I do. I wonder if that's where they got it from!! I hope your week's gotten better. I think you're so talented that's why I won't sent the book for the "G" girl!!! :{