Wednesday, September 02, 2009

But you suck at decorating!

This was my hubby's response when I told him I was considering going back to school to pursue an interior design degree. Truth is, he's right. ): No matter how much I want to be a great decorator, it just won't happen. So I've decided to work at changing that. I am in the process of redoing our bed, and here is as far as I've gotten:


I have the bedding done, and next I want to takle the actual headboard/footboard. Matt and I purchased the cheapest set we could find when we were first married, and I really need to paint it to bring it up-to-date. I am thinking about painting it white/cream, but haven't decided yet? Any suggestions? I also need something above the bed. I like this idea:



but I'm not sure it would look right on my yellow walls??? I would use a brown background and do the sillhouetes in a light blue, but I'm still not sure.

I am also working on my mantle. I came up with this yesterday, but I need something in the middle:


Excuse the trio of candle holders behind the red vase...forgot to move those, LOL. I am thinking of a print of some sorts...

In scrappy news, I was thrilled to be featured here. Scroll donw a bit, and there I am! Go check out the site, there is so much valuable info there! Thanks Francine, for asking me.

Have a great Wed. I am off to stuff packets for my kids open house. Ugh, school...here it comes!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Denise said...

Great idea of posting for decorating advice! I need help with my decorating, too. Congrats on the feature. That layout continues to knock my socks off. :o)

Trish said...

Love your bedding, Amy!! Our bedroom is green with chocolate and I LOVE it. The rest of our house is comfortable--but the bedroom and master bath is more like a spa--sophisticated luxury. What feeling or style are you going for? That will help guide you. LMK if you want pics--I love this kind of thing--ha! And congrats on the DT--I've got my eye on you!

Christa said...

Good luck on the redecorating! Looks great so far! And tell your husband good decorators don't decorate their own houses well; they use other peoples' money to decorate well!

Jenn said...

love those silhouettes, great idea.

em said...

I wish I could redecorate! It looks like you're off to a great start!!!
And congrats on being featured!

Stacey Michaud said...

Cream would be pretty! I am a sucker for deep chocolate brown! Rich and beautiful! I so want to decorate more but it requires time and money! Congrats on the feature!

lisa truesdell said...

love the idea of painting the bed... it could be fun in aqua. =) off to check out your link!

Erika said...

Blue/Brown combp would be pretty for those prints :)P)))

nathel said...

I'm french and i discover your blog. Love your scrap !!! You're very inspiring. You're in my blog-line now !
Bizzz
Nathel

Anonymous said...

All I'll say is choose your colors first. I'm fixing to use a door and paint it for a headboard. Cut what you like from magazines and work around that. Hey I just got a 7th picture up in the house but wait forgot I have no walls!!!! :)

Kimberly said...

Oh, I am decorating my new home. I have some things I have done. Maybe we could share some pictures back and forth for inspiration.

Sasha Holloway said...

LOVE IT .. especially that white .. maybe if you do the white room you have ONE focal point wall .. and it could be the wall that you bed is going on ..

can you tell I watch HGTV alot LOL

xoxo

Lauren said...

LOVE these decorating ideas!!! When you get done, my house is always available! ;o)