Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lots of snow!!!

This was the scene at my house over the weekend.  We got some serious snow.  I think the totals were between 22-30 inches.


The first pic is my mailbox, then you can see that the snow is above Lily's head.  Matt dug her a trail to do her business during the storm.  Then a pic of the kiddos snowboarding.  The joy of snow.

Of course, I missed the actual falling part of it. 
I was in Texas, spending time with my grandfather.


This pic is my mom, me, my grandmother, Georgia and my grandfather. I cherish this picture.
My grandfather suffered a stroke last Thursday morning.  I left Thursday night to go spend time with him in the hospital.  He is talking, very aware of his surroundings, but it's doubtful that he'll be able to walk again.  He has been married to my grandmother for 67 years, and will be turning 90 this March.  I can only hope that my life is as blessed as his is.  I adore, and I mean ADORE my grandparents.
 
I can't believe it's 3 days until Christmas.  I have been out the past two days trying to finish up my list.  I *think* there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  Have a great Christmas, and I'll see ya on the other side.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Your mother said...

I cannot believe that snow!!!! It's 71 here in Texas today. What a nice tribute to your Galla. He is doing well and keeping all the rehab personnel I stitches. We should all enjoy life as much as he does. Love you & thank you so much for being here. Mom

Suzy said...

Amity, I wish you could send some of that snow down here! I saw Galla today and his wit has not suffered! I thought he looked really good. Hopefully he will get stronger with each day.
Have a Merry Christmas!!!

casey boyd said...

I am most envious of the snow!
A very Merry Christmas to you and your family Amy!!

xoxo

Larajc said...

Prayers to you grandfather for a speedy recovery and Happy holidays to you and yours!

vtpuggirl said...

So sorry about your grandfather. Just finished up my stent with 3 ft of snow, ick! Merry christmas to you!

Leah said...

merry christmas!
prayers being sent for you grandpa and your family.
wish we would have snow like that...but it's just not going to happen here in texas.

Staci said...

Aww, sending prayers for your grandfather, amy - hope he is doing ok! wasn't that snow we got unbelievable? hope you were able to enjoy it when you got home, and I hope you guys had a fabulous christmas!!

Melonie said...

That snow looks like lots of fun for the kiddos. Hope you had a very happy holiday!