Thursday, April 01, 2010

Dust, dust and more DUST!

This kitchen remodel is soooooooooooo messy!  I don't do well with mess, ask anyone that knows me.  Here is the kitchen before.
As you can see from the above pictures, we have needed to redo this for quite some time.  My sweet hubby removed a high wood bar from the penninsula, and we are doing a counter height bar so we'll have a place to hang in the kitchen.

The contractor has been here since we got home from Disney and it is slowly coming along.  Here is what I'm dealing with...not FUN!
It kills me to just leave all that dust, but I have to wait until they leave to clean up. 

Here it is, in progress.  You can see we're painting our cabinets.  They are going to be black, this is just the primer.  See my new fridge???  Also, the pennisula is done as well.

The granite guy is coming today to measure, and it will be installed next week.  YAYAYAY!!!

Also, I posted today over at the Mosh Posh blog with my April sneaks so far.  This is my fave kit I've gotten so far from Mosh Posh, and I am having a ball working with it.  Click here to see the April kit in full.

I'll post more kitchen pics tomorrow, along with some more scrappy stuff!  Have a great day!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Leslie Davis said...

So sorry, I can feel your pain! I've been there and worse unfortunately. I had 2 layers of tile removed in our previous house and the contractors initially "forgot" to hang plastic over the door ways. It was a nightmare.

Anna Sigga said...

Ugghh - remodeling can be such a pain but it is ohh so much joy when it is all done!!

Cari Skuse said...

I feel your pain too Amy! I've been living in a construction zone of our owm making for the past 4 + years during our farmhouse renovation. There are just a few more things to do and we are done!
I like the color you painted your cabinets and can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Larajc said...

that is quite a project! Have fun with it, cannot wait to see the finished project!

Keshka said...

Ugh, that seems so stressful! I'm sure the result will be so worth it in the end, though!

milkcan said...

Can't wait to see the final pictures with the beautiful renovation completed!