Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My "REAL" post

Awhile ago, while reading through my blogs, I was touched by Stephanie Howell's post on her "REAL" reality.  It's so true, I usually don't share my real stuff here, just the fluff that makes my life sound quite grand.  I was inspired by her to do my own REAL post.  Please bear with me...LOL!

I spend way, way too much time on the computer.  The other day I was telling Georgia she needed to do something else instead of watching TV, to which she replied that I should do something else besides sit in front of the computer.

I don't make my bed.  I can't keep up with the rest of the house, so adding that to my list would be the straw that broke the camels back.

I have been married to the love of my life for almost 15 years.  In all that time, I think I sometimes take him for granted.  He really is my world, and I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate and adore him.

My two kiddos are my life, but I admit to letting them watch way too much TV and play way too many video games.

Dinner at my house is a joke.  Matt has totally quit asking what we're having for dinner.  I think he might have accepted the fact that I just can NOT cook.

I miss my family in Texas more than I can say, and I am guilty for reminding Matt about this daily.

This has been a very, very hard year for me.  I had some work issues, and some family issues, and have had a hard time keeping myself in a good place.  The older I get, the harder it is for me to just be happy with myself.  It's a daily struggle for me that I just can't seem to keep on top of.

As I am entering into the last of my 30's, I am blatently aware that the 40's are right there, and I do NOT like it one bit.  I feel like I'm already at the bottom, so there is no way it can get any worse.

So, there you have it.  My real, my mess.  I am grateful I have this, because it makes me who I am.  I will not spend much time thinking about these things, because it just isn't good for me.  I have a very blessed life, and all the above stuff is just small.

I leave you with some pics.  This was a LO that I was photographing for The Story Matters.  I had left it on the table, and the next morning I found this note on it from Matt.  He just cracks himself UP!


Georgia has been busy working on her Father's Day stuff, and she put up this note to keep Matt out.  Love the misspelled words.  She gets that from her Mommy! ;)

Hope your Wednesday was good.  Two posts in one day, I am so impressed with myself!
Pin It!

13 comments:

laterg8r said...

i love the note from matt - too funny, it would have brightened my day (my dh is a smart arse too LOL) :D

great that you are keeping it real!

meganklauer said...

Holy cow, I think we're twins!

Love that you did this post. It's on my 2do list. I'm just not willing to admit it all yet. :0)

Keshka said...

Love this post! I also spend way too much time on the computer. In fact, why am I on it right now? And I've been having a weird insecurity phase lately--hope that goes away soon!

Staci said...

oh I love your real post, and you've inspired me, too... i think i need to do that myself! totally cracking up at the note matt left you, love it!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for sharing with us!!!! I can so relate to many of the things that you have listed!!!

It is great to see the real US!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

*reyanna klein* said...

Thanks for sharing the "real" you! I am loving reading these! I did write up my own. Still getting up the nerve to actually *post* it... LOL.

And yeah... funny note! Tee hee.

Leslie Ashe said...

love the real post...(i'm not a bed maker either, hee hee)

have a great day!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great post. I love that you kept it real. Sometimes it is easy to feel down when all you see on people's blogs are their prefect houses and beautiful pictures. I think it's great to share the not so perfect details too!

XOXO
jen

Mahlin said...

wow.. I admire your realness. I am not yet ready to admit in cyberspace =) I hope I will be one day =) But there´s a few things on your list that´ll be on mine aswell =D

Laura T. said...

What a great topic for a post! I think I just may have to do one of these over on my blog.

Monique said...

Thanks Amy for letting us know a bit more about the real you!! and to honest, a lot of your post could apply to me too.... although I'm already in my forties (and hate it!). Maybe I'll share it someday, but not right now! :)
Hugs,
Monique

Tanya Tahir said...

I really loved reading this post, Amy. Thank you. You have inspired me to do this too. I love that note that Matt left you - hilarious!!

Carol said...

love your post...i want to do one too. where in TX are you from?? we used to live in Waco and I just miss Texas ;)