Wednesday, June 23, 2010

They say it's your birthday!!!

It's true, today I am celebrating the last of my 30's.  After this year, I will be in a new decade of my life.  Where oh WHERE did the time go?  How can I already be 39?  I snapped this photo yesterday, and I am using it today as a sign of GOOD things that will be coming this year.  It has to be good, right?

I was going to share 39 things about myself, then I thought would anyone really read it?  I couldn't come up with that many anyway, so I just went with 10.

1. I love coffee, jelly beans, and my family.
2. I exercise almost every day.
3. I am obsessed with my weight and weigh myself 2-3xs/day, hence number 2 above.
4. I am a huge fan of DVR.
5. I watch way too many shows, but that's what I do when I exercise so it's OK.
6. I spend a lot of free time on the computer.  Google reader is my friend.
7. I have a lot of acquaintances, but only a few close friends.
8. I am a Texas girl through and through.
9. I love hockey, and love that my boy loves it, too.
10. I end each day thinking how blessed I am with my family.  They are my life.

Number 10 is something I just started.  Yes, being a mom is hard work, and being a wife isn't always as fabulous as I thought it would be, but they really are my heart and soul, and I want them to know that I love them and appreciate them more than anything.

So there you have my 10 things!  My girlie woke me up by singing a birthday song for me she had written all by herself.  It was fabulous!  They gave me jelly beans, swedish fish, goodies from bath and body and the sweetest cards.

Then I sent them to school...real birthday present here. :)

I went and got a pedicure...a SPA pedicure, because it's my birthday and all.

and now I am hoping to get some scrapping in.  I wanted to show you my last page from the amazing June kit over at the the nook.  This kit turned out to be a fave of mine.

Hope my birthday is a good day for you.  XOXO
Pin It!

14 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Amy! It looks like everyone is treating you well. Glad you took the time to get a spa pedicure. Perfect thing for the day. Enjoy the rest of your birthday!

Larajc said...

Happy Birthday Amy! It is my daughter's bday today too, she turns 15. Hope it is a blessed, calm and wonderful day!

Leslie Ashe said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!
Enjoy your day!!!

em said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend...love that pedicure...the colors are perfect!!!

Loved reading you list...can you please move in next door to inspire me to to exercising on a regular basis...I get bored and then stop!!!

Love the LO...just perfect!!!

ENJOY your SPECIAL DAY!!!

*reyanna klein* said...

Happy Birthday, Lovely! Funny, I posted about my birthday today too! (It's in 37 days.) I just made a 28 at 28 mini, and I wanted to get it done before I'm 29! LOL.

Sounds like your birthday has been awesome so far! LOVE your toes! Totally cute!

Enjoy the rest of YOUR day! :-D And in honor of you (and that fact that I'm going stir-crazy... I'm gonna go exercise. Hmm... I think I'll ride my bike! :D

waleska said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope it's a wonderful one :)

Susan Beth said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy. The next decade is really kind of freeing - I'm halfway through, so I've sort of come to like it.

Rosalie said...

woot woot!! happy birthday!! i'll be 39 in october ;0) glad you had a great day! love your list, great idea.

tirzahdawn said...

This makes another reason I liked you. We share names. And, my birthday is tomorrow. Hope you have a Super Fablous B-day!!!

Linda Barber said...

Happy Birthday! Loving your list. I'm a Texas girl too. :)

Keshka said...

Happy birthday! I love your list--I've also started weighing myself lately. Which is bad, because it usually doesn't cheer me up!

Tanya Tahir said...

Happy birthday Amy! I loved reading a bit more about you! I hope your day was special xx

Staci said...

i hope you had a great birthday amy! and how cool that yours and georgia's birthday are only a day apart! love the new toes and totally love the LO! the misting and sewing are fabulous! Love the list of 10 - i am obsessed with weighing myself too, but unlike you, i don't work out all the time lol!