Monday, August 08, 2011

Pregnancy woes, and a card.

Seriously, don't read if you don't want to hear me whine...I promise I won't do it again.  This pregnancy is kicking my tail right now.  I am nearing the end, and my 40 year old body is taking a beating!  Here is my view right now:


I don't know HOW it's possible that I am this big, or that I'm still going to get BIGGER!!!  I have about 5 1/2 weeks left...and it's just crawling along, but at the same time racing.  Does that even make sense?  Along with the largeness, there's the imminent weight gain.  I have gained so much more with this pregnancy than my other two.  Not sure if it's an age thing or what, but weighing almost as much as my hubby does not make me happy, LOL!!

Then there's the pain.  I have this one spot on the right side of my upper back that is killing me.  All. The. Time. The only thing that makes it go away is if I lay down, and it doesn't always guarantee that it'll feel better.

Let's not even going into my emotional state.  If my husband does not divorce me, I will be beyond surprised!  He has really put up with a lot of crying, complaining, and just plain ugliness.  He definitely deserves quite an award for putting up with me during this pregnancy.

Of course, this sweet boy is going to be the biggest blessing to us ever, and I can not wait to see him.  Although this pregnancy was a huge surprise, one that I really struggled with, I know that it was more than meant to be, and every pain, pound and tear is bringing me closer to meeting my new son, and that is a gift that I still can't believe I've been given.

Now, how 'bout a card?  You know they're my fave...although I do like this one!  I used lots of Pebbles on here, which made it so easy to create:

Hope you have a great week!!!


Pin It!

13 comments:

meganklauer said...

Hang in there girly! Your almost there and you're SO right; it's worth every pain & pound. :0)

Kimber-Leigh said...

cute card!

you don't have much longer to go...and it will soon be a distant memory when you're looking into that precious new face! hugs to you!

Shelley Haganman said...

So glad you don't have much left to go!! You can do it! :)

Christa said...

Not long now, right?! I think you look beautiful, but that's coming from the lady NOT pregnant!!
Beautiful card!

Ursula said...

Great card, and while I sympathize with the discomfort (I recall that last month being very difficult) I still wish I could do it again once more. I know you are counting your blessings too and pregnant women are allowed to whine, so go ahead.

jamie long said...

I had my second @30 and I cannot imagine being pregnant and giving birth again now @35, so I totally understand and sympathize. That is a great card, love the tag I will have to try that on a card.

Mel said...

(((HUGS))) you are SO close! LOVE that little card:) Super sweet!

Anilú Magloire said...

Aw, sweets... I know what you mean. Hang in there.
Lovely card :-)

Larajc said...

Hugs to you Amy. You are almost at the finish line and then you will have a new little one!

Pamela said...

Love your card! Hope things get easier on you! :)

~Sasha Farina~ said...

whine away! i'm here for you... *hugs* hang in there chica!... love ya.

Michelle said...

Oh Amy, I can completely relate! I was there, where you are right now. My kids are 23, 13 and 4. My youngest was born 5 mo. before my 40th birthday. I was not thrilled about having another. Especially at my age and the huge span of ages between them all. I was so utterly uncomfortable!! I hurt all the time. I was tired all.the.time! I complained and all too. Like you said, it is all worth it. I am glad I have him. Hang in there. Before you know it, your little bundle will be there, and this will all be a faint memory. He will keep you young and on your toes that is for sure!! Mine sure does!! Enjoy him. He will grow up so much faster than the others!!!! They aren't kidding when they say the older you get, the faster time flies!

Leah said...

just a little bit longer and then you will have that sweet baby to smell and you will forget all of the other stuff! love the card!