Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the new love of my life, Davis Jeffrey Coose.




Hey was born 9/15 weighing in at 7.9 and 20 inches. We had a bit of a hard delivery, so if you don't care to hear the story, feel free to skip the next few paragraphs.

I went in on Thurs morning for an induction, because I was starting to dilate, and was done waiting to meet this sweet little boy. Everything went great, I got all checked in and they started pitocin, and the contractions followed soon after. I lasted about two hours, and by 10 AM I was ready for my epidural. At this point, I was about 3 cm and 80% effaced, so moving in the right direction.

They came in to do the epidural, and it didn't go so well. She kept hitting either bone or nerves every time she tried to thread the cathater. Talk about pain. After about 20 min, she gave me a bit of a break, and then was able to get it in. Yay for pain relief!

I felt good for about 20 min, then I started feeling dizzy, and passed out because my blood pressure dropped. When I cam to, there were probably 15 people in my room trying to get me situated. They got my bp back to a normal range, but sweet boy's heart rate was down. They tried everything, rolling me from side to side, oxygen, but his heart rate still wouldn't come up. I remember during all the chaos, looking sober and wondering why in the world Matt was putting on scrubs? I had no idea that a c-section might be happening soon.

Within maybe 5 minutes, my OB decided that we were headed to the ER. They topped off my epi, and started prepping me. When they started I felt fine, and there was no pain. That changed as soon as she hit my uterus, and they had to put me completely under. The next thing I know, I look over and my little sweetness was in the warmer, screaming his head off.

After all that, we are just thrilled to pieces with him. I can't believe how blessed we are. I never anticipated having to worry about healing from a c-section, but it's going really well. I'm just taking it easy, staying in bed snuggled with my boy for the next two weeks, which is right where I want to be.

Thanks for reading my novel, I am so in love with this boy!

Pin It!

38 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my. so glad everyone is doing good. Hoping you have a speedy recovery cause before you know it, you'll be chasing that little guy everywhere. :)

Sherry C said...

He is absolutely beautiful; congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Keshet said...

He is adorable!! Also wishing you a speedy recovery:)

waleska said...

congratulations, amy!!! he's adorable. i hope your recover from your cs very fast. enjoy your new babe :)

Ally said...

He is SO cute! Take care of yourself!

Sarah Webb said...

He's a cutie! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! His little face has so much personality! What a sweetheart! :)

meganklauer said...

Oh Amy! Thank you for sharing your story. He's arnory from the beginning and that's the only way to have little boys. :0)
Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!

Shabby Chic Crafts said...

Aw...amy he is beautiful! Congrats. C-sections are no fun! Glad you are healing up great!

ashjoy said...

He is just adorable, and hope you are doing well also.

Ursula said...

Wow, that does sound like a tough labor. So glad you both came through it well. What a precious little sweetie he is. Congratulations.

Ursula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

hope you recover well, i had two c-sections so don't do to much ok! :) I love Davis' name, he is adorable!! xoxo

Emily Pitts said...

i am so glad everything is OK. i started worrying when you weren't updating, but this is totally understandable. little mr. davis is adorable and i can't wait to catch up with you more. congrats, i'm so happy for you!

*reyanna klein* said...

Adorable! Congratulations to you guys! Sorry the pitocin and epidural didn't agree with your body, and you had to have a c-section. :-( But he's here! Hooray! I'm glad you're recovering well. :-)

Love his name too! AND... he was just about the exact same size as Hattie! :-)

Diane Payne said...

He is precious! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear it was a difficult and scary delivery!! I am glad to read you both are ok and doing well. Take care of yourself and your new little one!! He is precious!

cappuccino and colour said...

congratulations Amy..he is just a little darling.happy snuggling.

Christa said...

Oh wow, Amy, what a dramatic delivery! Get lots of rest and enjoy your beautiful boy!

Davinie Fiero said...

He's adorable Amy Coose!

I had Cesrean's with both girls, but with my youngest, it became emergent because of decels in her heart rates, so I feel for you there. It sounds to me like you were a bit oblivious though, lol. That might be a good thing!

As soon as you can, you need to get up and moving. It will help you heal much faster. Just advise family that it isn't appropriate to laugh at the hunched mama, because standing up straight is the hardest part. But moving around is key.

XOXO. Happy for you.

Donna said...

oh man,,,,,,,,,,,he is beautiful.

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

Thanks for sharing your story, and that is a super cute pic! He's so precious!! Have a speedy recovery!

Zorina said...

Congrats!! He is just the cutest..

em said...

Holy moly girl!! So sorry to hear about the emergency part...but so happy to hear about the rest. He's darling! So excited for you! How are the big bro and sis?

Tonya said...

Congratulations Amy!!!!! He is just precious and I am so happy for you.

beckyjune said...

Oh, Amy, I am sorry that things were so hard for that little angel's delivery. He is beautiful and I hope that the two of you are both doing well now. I had to have a c-section with my Aimee and staying in bed with your little baby is right where you need to be. Congratulations!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! He is so beautiful!

JenniferSanborn said...

Congrats! He's a cutie!!!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

i had emergency C-sect with my eldest too! don't like the pain afterwards, but she's worth it. you're gonna enjoy the baby so much, my friend. I wish I can come for a visit and give you guys a hand, then maybe i get to cuddle him for a bit. :) oh how i wish. oh how i wish..

Virginia said...

precious!

Danielle said...

I can't believe that time is here already! Seems like it went by fast (well probably not for you, huh!). Congrats, he's beautiful!!

Michele H. said...

oh amy - he is absolutely adorable! so glad that everything went well despite the ordeal before hand. wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing your sweet little one on some scrappy pages:)

nailgirl said...

he is just beautiful amy!! hope you have a speedy recovery and are back to running around in no time!

Gail L said...

*squeal* He is so gorgeous! Big congratulations to you! C-sections are no fun but we have to do what's safest for the baby! Happy newborn snuggling! xx

Larajc said...

what a beautiful little bundle. I am so happy Amy, that you and your little guy are doing fine!

Aphra said...

Congratulations Amy! He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Glad to hear you are resting up. Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Deanna said...

Congratulations Amy! He's precious!

photolbert said...

Oh, I love hearing all the details! Thank you for sharing!