Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oye...

I forgot how hard a newborn can be.  With me trying to recover from the c-section, trying to get nursing down again after 8 years, and the sleep...or lack there of, it has proven to be a bit of a challenge.  I am battling a bit with the baby blues, and two nights of screaming for 4 hrs and refusing to nurse almost put me over the edge.  Luckily we had a much better night last night.  Here is my life right now:


See that blue blanket in the middle of the bed?  That's my sweet sleeper, all snuggled up in this:
This is the Summer rest assured sleeper and it's the best invention EVER!  It allows babe to sleep in your bed, which is perfect for me since I'm nursing, and it makes it easy to just roll over and grab him up.  I love it because I can relax knowing that he's safe from rolling sleepers like his daddy, but he's still right next to me.

Here are some hospital pics.  This is before we started the induction:


Here is Davis' first picture: 

Daddy with his new boy: 

Meeting Davis for the first time:

Austin with Davis: 

One proud big sister: 

The board in my hospital room where we kept a running list of name possibilities: 

And here are some of the layouts I created for the Sept Girl's Loft kit.  I loved this kit, of course! 


If you need me, I'll be nursing, or attempting to nurse.  Thanks for all the sweet comments on Davis' arrival.  Hopefully we'll be back into the swing of things soon.


Pin It!

9 comments:

jamie long said...

you cup certainly overflows! whick is a good thing. Man I wish I wouldve had one of those sleepers for sure.

Kathy Martin said...

Oh boy oh joy! A sweet little baby! Oh he's beautiful! Congratulations! Hopefully, you will get the hang of things soon! :)

em said...

I love the name you chose! And I can't wait to see some newborn layouts... :)

Drayia said...

Congrats, he is beautiful. It will all come back in time and you will finally get some sleep, maybe in a year LOL. Have fun and your fans will be waiting for you to return once everything slows down some.

Nitasha said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Enjoy those tiny fingers and toes- love baby toes- so cute and sweet!

Leigh said...

Congratulations on your new baby! He's gorgeous!!
And great layouts, too! You have such a fabulous style!

Heather and Lance said...

Amy, I popped over here to catch up and wow I was really out of it! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

oh Amy... i'm so sorry you're having a hard time. i wish i can help someway.. *hugs*

Vee said...

so sweet!!!! mommy of three suits you well! :) love your pages too!