Thursday, October 13, 2011

Davis update

So, today is his one month birthday.  I wanted to take the montly onsie pics of him, but most of them turned out like this:

I had ordered the stickers to put on his onsie, but they aren't here yet, so I did some photoshopping and got this one: 

He is doing great.  Nursing, not sleeping, and pooping up a storm.  He has a bit of a diaper rash that I can not get rid of.  If I ever get him to sleep without me holding him, I have this little lovely waiting for me to work with: 

At this point, I'm hoping to get it done by next year. :)  Want one of your own?  You can get yours here.

I am trying to adjust to minimal sleep, and hopefully a shower each day.  The only thing getting me through would be the bags and BAGS of candy corn I am consuming.  Really, it's a sickness.  I just can't have them in my house.

My fave baby items this week?  This has made my life so much easier:

It's the My Breast Friend nursing pillow, and I can't get over how much easier it is to nurse with it.  I used a Boppy with my other two, and it was fine, but it wasn't quite as supportive as this.  My cousin turned me on to it, and I am so grateful she did!  My arms don't feel like they're going to fall off in the middle of the night, which is a good thing.

I've been swaddling Davis in this: 
and it's the only way he'll sleep longer than 5 min in his crib.  I got a few Halo sleepsacks for my baby shower, and they are being put to good use.

Hope your week is wonderful!
 
Pin It!

11 comments:

Allison said...

SO so cute! Mine never let me take pictures with them laying on their backs. They hated it. I love the one you got though!

Danielle said...

Super cute!!!! and as for the candy corn, I consumed a tub of it in a day and a half, so its not allowed back in the house!!!!

Drayia said...

He is adorable. As for the bad rash...I run a dayhome so deal alot with diper rash. One of the girls has extremely sensitive skin and what we have found works incredible well for her is Li'l Goat's, you can get it at Walmart and contains 40%zinc oxide. Her bum will blister and bleed this will clean it up in almost 24 hours. Check it out.

Christa said...

He is so, so sweet Amy! Crying photo and all! Ella used to get bad diaper rash all the time-I think I used Butt Paste on her.

Zorina said...

Hi Amy, just hang in there girlfriend. I remember those days myself...but the only tip is yes! Swaddle, swaddle ,swaddle that cute baby. It really helps. I remember DH became an expert in swaddling H using just any big baby blanket. Hehe! ((Hugs))

*reyanna klein* said...

I agree with Zorina on the swaddling. Get some Aden & Anais from Target if you don't have them already. And swaddle like the Happiest Baby on the Block book recommends. AND... DOUBLE swaddle. That's the best for Hattie because she can't escape! LOL. ;-)

We cloth-diaper, so it's *very* rare that Hattie gets a rash. She only does if I leave her in a diaper for too long (because of long naps...). I change her every two hours to prevent it (I use a fleece-lined pocket diaper at night, and it wicks moisture from her skin). AND I use almond oil. It works amazingly well! I hear olive oil and coconut oil work well too. :-) Cheap, easy, and smells good. LOL. ;-)

I've only used that Brest Friend once, and i LOVED it! It was at a baby store we were at. LOL. I don't like how it felt on my back and that you have to take it on and off, but wow, was it comfy to nurse with! Loved that. :-) I do have a boppy. Don't mind it too much. ;-)

And Hattie doesn't sleep well in her crib either. She sleeps best in our room. Either in the Pack N Play or the Snuggle Nest in our bed. She likes that our room smells like me, I think. :-) She only takes cat naps in her crib... I only use it for those. I'm sure things will get better. Hang in there! :-) I'm sure you're doing an amazing job! :-D

*reyanna klein* said...

Oh! Also... do you use baby wipes? They give Hattie rashes (we used them while we went out of town once and didn't bring cloth wipes). We usually just use pieces of flannel soaked in water. Then add the almond oil to her bum. MUCH better for her. :-) You could use paper towels and water too. :-) Add a few drops of the oil to the water, so it glides easily. :-)

em said...

He is SO adorable!!!! The crying photos are my favorite anyway!!

I love my brest friend pillow. It is WAY superior to the boppy! ;)

Henry sleeps with me still...he's six months old. I have a bad feeling he'll be with me until he's five at this rate (and nursing...man does that kid eat!). It's good for my supply though, so I don't mind. ;)

meganklauer said...

He is just adorable! I love the first photo! Too cute!

Drummer said...

hi. regards from indonesia. i was followed you number 151 (yongki alexander). please come to my music site and share something.

beckyjune said...

Amy, he is such a cutie! I love the idea of a montly onesie picture. Butt Paste works well on rashes.