Thursday, January 05, 2012

Some good stuff for 2012

Well, I am still amazed that 2011 is done, it just flew by!  It was quite a year for me, and I am embracing it finally now that it's over. :)  Not only was I completely blindsided by a gift that I didn't even know I desperately needed, but I also learned that I am not in charge, thank goodness.  In picking my one little word for 2012, I kept remembering that I am not the one in charge here, and that's how I picked my word:
image from pinterest

I tossed around grateful, thankful, but in the end, this is the word that I felt I needed to pick.  I will start each day remembering to be grateful, and embrace this new chapter in life that I have so graciously been blessed with.

I know I've said it before, but I am a "glass half empty" type of gal. For me to see the positive is huge, and not something that I can naturally do.  I am really working on changing that this year, and I know that remembering what gifts I have will help me do just that.

I am very hard on myself as a mom, a wife, a friend, a daughter and a scrapbooker.  I heard a sermon the other day and the speaker said that when you criticize yourself, you are actually saying that God messed up when He created you.  He also said we shouldn't be against ourselves, because we have plenty against us already.  I am taking that to heart, and focusing on being positive.  So what if I don't weigh what I did before I got pregnant with Davis.  I mean, have you seen him?  He's totally worth it!  What if I didn't get the house clean today, I managed to snuggle a baby, and help two kiddos with their homework.  So what if I didn't make the scrapbook design team I tried out for, I made some great pages that I will treasure.

On that note, I have some more sneaks for The Sampler's January kit.  I have loved working with this kit so much.  You will love all the great stuff it has packed into it!




Pin It!

10 comments:

meganklauer said...

Love your word Amy! You go girl!

5littlechickens said...

i think that is a great word, very important for us all to remember the blessings in our lives. I know it is hard for me to sometimes see past the negative to see the positive in a situation. Nice sneaks!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loved that lesson you learned from that sermon.... I needed to hear that too!! Thanks for this beautiful post! Loving the sneaks too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

Love that word. It's so important to know your strengths AND weaknesses--and I so admire how you're working on them.

Michele H. said...

Amy…i'm so there with you on being "glass half empty." I know it all too well and have been trying to get better at looking at the things that I'm blessed with. I would not want my girls to have this same attitude, so I definitely need to work hard at it. Boy…I bet we could have some great motivating conversations:)

here's to REMEMBER:)

Tracie said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from Evolutions blog and loved your post today. I have been hearing about this picking a word thing all over the blog world and tossed it around a bit but didn't think I'd do it until I read this post. Thank you for the inspiration. I'm going to pray about it and I'll have my word by tomorrow morning. Thanx!!

Gail L said...

Nice sentiments Amy! I've worked hard most of my adult life to be positive . . . such a difference it makes and it has helped me through a few difficult times in the last year! I hope 2012 is all you want it to be! x

sarah said...

love the sampler!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the well wishes for my Brookie.. it is much appreciated! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Carol said...

Great word and I love what you took from the message! We all need to hear that again and again! TFS