Monday, March 12, 2012

Some quick sneaks

after my week last week, that can only be called craptastic at best.  It involved a very scary night with my hubs, who is fine now, thank goodness.  A sad hockey boy that didn't make the developmental team for the spring.  In his defense, the 1999 year group is HUGE, and there were over 50 kiddos skating for 15 spots (including Olympic skater Michael Weiss' son), but it still made me sad.  He bounced right back and is looking forward to a fun, laid back spring hockey season.  And my week ended with another bout of mastitis for me.  See, fun times.

But, today is the beginning of a new week, and I am feeling better thanks to the antibiotics, so things can only go up from here.  I didn't scrap at all this past weekend, since I could barely get out of bed, but I did manage to take some pics of some projects I have coming up soon using the February kit from The Girl's Loft.  How bout some sneaks?




This last sneak is a layout that I love so much!  I can't wait to share it-it's about my sweet girl and how much she loves Texas. 

I have decided to do baby led weaning with Davis.  It basically means that I won't give him baby food, but just offer him what we're eating, or pieces of fruits/veggies/meats, just no mush.  So far, he's tried an avocado and banana.  Not sure he got much into his mouth, but he didn't gag or anything, so that has to be good, right?  Here are some pics, first up avocado:




Next up, banana--and the first time in his highchair. :)




After reading up more on baby led weaning, you aren't supposed to feed them, but allow them to feed themselves.  Basically, you give him pieces that he can hold or pick up himself.  I am not in any hurry to start regular food with him, so we'll probably hold off for a bit. We're in no hurry for this cutie to grow up.  Hope your Monday is fabulous!!
Pin It!

8 comments:

taraleclaire said...

Sorry to hear about your crappy week :( hope things are looking up this week! Love your sneaks :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soory to hear about hubby and son... glad to hear hubby is ok though!! LOVING the sneaks....and your little one is soooooooooooo cute!!

Zorina said...

Oh, Amy! Sorry to hear about you and hubs getting sick last week. I remember those days when all I did at night was cry in pain due to mastitis syndrome. Ack! Take it easy this week, ok?

Christa said...

Sorry to hear about the hockey team, but sounds like there was some really tough competition.
Can't wait to see the rest of your layouts-they look great from the sneaks!

Sarah Webb said...

Great sneaks! He's a cutie too!

Jennie M said...

very, very cute! I am sorry about your husband and son...I hope all is better soon!

Piper said...

My boys loved BLW :) It's a little messy, though lol Although I have a ton of adorable pictures from it :)

em said...

sorry for the bummer week. :(
i can't believe how old davis looks!!!