Thursday, May 03, 2012

A layout share

There's still one day to enter The Sampler April blog hop.  Click here for your chance to win!


This is one of my favorite layouts I've done in awhile.  It's because it is about a topic that's very near and dear to my heart.  For those of you that don't know, when I got pregnant with Davis, I didn't think it was a good thing.  I was devastated, to say the least.  I didn't know how it was going to fit in to my already full life, or how I was going to handle having a baby at 40.  Not in my plans, I tell ya.

Obviously, I was VERY, VERY wrong, and I was given a gift that I didn't know I wanted, but I needed more than anything.  He is my joy, my life, my heart, and I thank God for him every minute.

Is it all sunshine and roses?  Of course not.  I am sooooooooo tired, I can't lose the rest of the baby weight, Matt and I have no time alone, but you know what?  We will be fine, we will get through it.  Before I know it, he'll be off running around with his friends, so I am enjoying every minute with him.

I never thought I would get to experience the bonding that nursing brings again, so I wanted to make sure I documented that.  I used the fabulous April kit from The Sampler, and it was perfect for what I wanted.  I saw the idea for the picture on pinterest, and I am so glad that I captured this special part of motherhood.


Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great Thursday!!!

Pin It!

19 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is absolutely beautiful in every way. I teared up reading about your thoughts.

Jingle said...

Oh,I love the canvas! This is just beautiful!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your post brings back so many memories- i found out that i was pregnant at 42 and had so many similar feelings as you, but i wouldnt change a thing-- my michael is our little miracle!

what a great layout!

JulesHollis said...

beautiful layout!! Very cool picture too.

Meghann said...

Beautiful layout, Amy!

Laura B said...

Such a wonderful layout.

Holly* said...

i still love it! i feel you with Davis not wanting to sleep. Penelope and I both have colds. all she wants to do is sleep, but ONLY in my arms. so mt may projects and materials just sit there and mock me... oh well, cute babies to hold/snuggle/play with are pretty well completely awesome!!

Erica said...

I love this story and the layout!

listgirl said...

I love the masked paint sprays and how honest you are about your unexpected joy. Great layout. I always love that whimsical herringbone paper.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.
They do grow up so fast. Before you know it poof teens and adults.
I miss those days of babies. But don't know if I could keep up, Good luck to you, teehee.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous!! I loveeeeee that photo, the colors, the masked title and loveeeeeee that you documented this!!!

Penny said...

Great layout, love the photo angle, perfect for your story! Love Penny

Michelle said...

Amy, I was in your situation as well. I was just months from turning 39. I was not too thrilled either when I found out Ben was on the way. I would be starting over for a 3rd time. My kids now are almost 24, just turned 14 and 5. I too am so so grateful for mine. He is the best little boy. He is growing up SO FAST! We have to enjoy every moment because we are going to blink and they will be graduating from school. I swear it goes that fast. I wish I could slow the clock down. Your page is beautifully done and very touching.

Monique Liedtke said...

I so recognize your your feelings. My youngest arrived when I was just 41. Although he was "planned", he still was our little miracle. My other two kids, then 5 and 8, grew up in the blink of an eye. So I quit my job just to be with him every moment of the day. I tried to stop the time, but didn't succeed and now he's already 7! Where did the time go? I just LOVE your layout and your photo is just perfect!!

Keshet said...

Oh, I have to do this. What a beautiful photo and love how you showcased it on the layout!

Jolene said...

Love this picture!

Janna Werner said...

Very very beautiful!
Janna

Alyssa said...

Oh, wow! Love the photo and the misting. So sweet.

Alyssa said...

Oh, wow! Love the photo and the misting. So sweet.