Monday, June 11, 2012

Some scrappy thoughts

So, I wanted to just take some time to chat about scrapbooking.  I have been scrapping since Austin was born, which means about 13 years.  I have tons, and I mean, TONS of albums of layouts of our lives.  There were times that I was on several design teams, and therefor made anywhere from 10-15 layouts a month, so you do the math.  That's a heck-of-a-lot of scrapbooking.  You could say I've put more time and money into this hobby of mine that I'd dare to tally up, but it's worth it.  It's kept me sane as a stay-at-home mom, given me a creative outlet, made me feel like I had something to do, and given my children a record of our life.

Now, it hasn't come without it ups and downs.  There have been several design teams that I've tried out for and not made.  There have been negative comments about my work, and a few times that I seriously considered quitting.  After discovering that I was expecting again (see this post for a refresher of the shock of my life), I pretty much resigned from all of my design teams and decided to quit scrapbooking.  I was too sick, and too stressed to even consider it.  Thankfully, after I started feeling better, I decided I missed scrapbooking, and started up again.  I am so glad I did.  I couldn't face the fact that Davis wouldn't have any albums. :)

One thing that has really helped me get back my love for scrapbooking has been the amazing kits and gals over at The Sampler Kit Club.  I am so happy, and thankful, that I was able to join the DT there.  The kits that Holly puts together each month are just right up my alley, and I've really loved each kit more than the last.  If you are looking for a kit club to join, you should really check TSK out.  You won't be sorry.

  Remember how gorgeous the June kit is?  Take a look:

I've created 5 layouts so far with this kit, and have so much left to use! Here are some sneaks:




Hope you'll check them out.  Have a great Monday!


Pin It!

14 comments:

Brandy Layton said...

Lovely post, I am so glad that you have remembered and found your way back to what makes you happy! Beautiful layout!

Sheri Twing said...

Such a great post! Exactly what I've been through the past few months. Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing such real feelings.

I am so glad you're back in the scrapping world...I've always loved your work!

Michele H. said...

oh amy - i can so relate to this. sometimes i think about stopping too and just focus on taking photos instead. I'm glad you're back and congrats on the DT gig. love what you do and how document it:)

NinaSt said...

Really great post... true words! I love your layouts!

em said...

Who said negative things? I will punch them! Okay not really. ;) It's funny...I've been thinking a ton about this in just the past couple days. I am basically DT free right now, which is SO liberating...but of course like four great DTs try-outs pop up in the last week and I don't know what to do!!

beckyjune said...

You are amazing, Amy! I am so glad that you are still scrapping and wish you the best of luck if you do go for the Pebbles team. I Would love to see your name on that list!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I can't believe would say negative things about you... you are amazing! And I am grateful that you found your way back!!! I loveeeeeeeee the sneaks!!

Shelley Haganman said...

what a wonderful post. I totally agree with you and am so happy you are back creating! I love your work! Take care!

Jennie M said...

beautiful! i'm glad you're back working -- your work is lovely. :)

Christa said...

I for one am so glad you didn't quit for good because I ADORE your work and love everything you do! Can't wait to see the rest of these!

ClaireTet said...

So glad you came back to the hobby and continue to shre your lovely layouts with us!

Kimberly said...

I for one am happy you are scrapping again.

listgirl said...

The viewfinder items are so cool! I love that you came back to scrapbooking. Kits do make scrapbooking much easier.

MelB said...

I for one am thrilled that you are scrapping again! I've always loved your work, and I'm glad to see that you will continue with it.