Monday, July 02, 2012

We have power

and we are considering ourselves very blessed.  After some wicked storms on Friday evening, we only lost power for a few minutes.  Many of our friends and neighbors are still without power, and they are saying it will take a few more days until power can be restored.  Of course, we are also in the middle of quite a heatwave, which just adds to the pleasure of no power.  I can't imagine how hard this weekend would have been without power, so I am not complaining at all!

We actually got out for a party, but only because it was at our next-door neighbors house.  I won't tell you that I was home and in bed by 9, let's just focus on the part where I actually got out.  Here we are on our way.

And how cute is my toothy baby?  He is just so much fun!


Now a layout share.  This is one of my favorite layouts I've done lately.  I used the amazing June kit from The Sampler to create Davis' third month page.


And here's a closeup.


The July kit is up, and it looks amazing!  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Happy Monday, everyone!


Pin It!

16 comments:

Sarah Webb said...

Congrats on getting out! Great page! The big No 3 is the perfect touch!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Lovely layout!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Fabulous layout! :)
So glad for you that you didn't have to deal with a long power outage. I feel so bad for those without especially with this heat and can empathize. We were without power for five days during a bad heatwave in 2006. I will never forget that. And the irony is that winter we were without power for another five days in the bitter cold due to an ice storm!!! It wad a crazy year! Thank goodness for family who let us stay with them!

Jennifer Grace said...

Aw, the toothy baby photo is the cutest! Love your page too, I like the dangling fibres.

P.S. Did you see my blog event? Lots of giveaways to enter, but hurry, they all end tonight: http://www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/end-of-weekend-but-not-end-of.html

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super layout!! just adorable!!

Loni Redden said...

What a fun LO! Your baby is stinking cute!

Elisa K said...

love this layout... the photos are so adorable... Congrats on getting out.. thanks for sharing.

Vee said...

so happy you have power! :) your little one is such a cutie pie! xo

Christa said...

That is a knock out layout! I love it!
I've been thinking of all my Virginia friends without power and those crazy storms. Glad you didn't have to deal with the power outage at least.

Sherry C said...

Fabulous layout! Glad you have power and I must say, your sweet baby is the cutest!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY for going out!! I love love love your lo!! LOVING all the photos and the Pink Paislee big 3!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!

em said...

He is so cute! Glad you were luck w/the storms! And super cute layout! :)

Alyssa said...

Your layout is great! And the other pics will be fun to scrapbook. Love that toothy smile.

Erica said...

The weather is ridiculous!! That is one of the cutest babies ever and the layout is great!

Becky Brombley - CraftJar said...

Great layout, love the grid effect. Becky x

hilde janbroers said...

love your layout!! such sweet photos!! and you all look gorgeous!