Monday, August 20, 2012

An August Sampler Kit Club layout

We had a quick impromptu family vacation last week.  It was so much fun just spending time with the kiddos.  I didn't take as many pics as I normally do, but I did get a few fun shots.  This was Davis' first ocean experience and he was a bit unsure at first.


He wouldn't put his feet down, and was holding onto me for dear life.


This was the only shot I got of Austin and Georgia.  They were in the water immediately, and too far out for me to take any pictures. 


Finally, Matt managed to get him to test out the water, and then he loved it.  We played for an hour just letting the water hit his feet.


If you look closely, you can see his umbilical hernia.  It really bothered me until just a few weeks ago, and now that I know it'll probably be gone soon (they will check to see if he'll need surgery at his 1 year appointment), I am embracing it.

I wanted to share a layout that I created with the August kit from The Sampler Kit Club.  This kit is so much fun, with bright colors and great patterns.  I have loved creating with it.

This is Davis' fourth month page.  Seeing how he just turned 11 months, I'm a bit behind, but oh well.


Here are some closeups.



My baby boy also turned 11 months, which I don't know how in the WORLD that happened.  He is going to be a year old in one month.  That is CRAZY!  I will post his 11 month old post later this week.  I need to get all my thoughts together.  

He has turned into a very demanding baby lately, which has made it hard to get anything done around here.  I guess it's no big deal because I haven't been able to be creative at all lately.  I am totally mojo-less at this point.  I am hoping that changes this week, and I can get back to creating something I am proud of. :)

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!  Happy Monday!

Pin It!

11 comments:

beckyjune said...

The time goes by so quickly, doesn't it? Lily is already almost 16 months old! I can relate to the scrappy mojo issues, times are busy and a lot of times I am too tired to stay up and scrap after the kids have gone to bed. Your page is really cute, though, Amy, and your creative drive will come back. Mine tends to come and go.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What adorable pics of the beach!!! I loveeeeeeeeee that first one... he looks so scared! LOL!!! LOVE IT!!!! Hoping his cord is ok!! I love love love your lo!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the title and loveeeeeeeeee all the photos!!!!

April Michelle said...

cute pictures! and cute layout!

Kimber-Leigh said...

i love this page amy...and i'd say you're doing well...since i am four and 6 years behind on two baby albums! ;)

glad you could get to the beach...it's such a relaxing treat, isn't it?!?!?

Sparklin said...

Sweet page!

scrapperjen said...

I love the beach! Fun pictures.
Adorable layout!

Michele H. said...

oh...those little feet. love how he's not wanting to touch the water...so adorable. my 9 year old use to do that when I tried to put her on the lawn:)

i'm loving your sweet page too.

Claire T said...

What a lovely record of your son's first ocean experience! If it makes you feel better my daughter is two and a half and I am yet to start her baby album. You are way ahead of me!

Nirupama said...

What a great beach shot!!! The hernia just adds to the overall baby-ness of him, like cuddly chubby thighs and dimples. Hope you get good news from the doctor :) That layout is to-die-for. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

Haha! I absolutely love that first photo! Priceless!!
The layout is beautiful as usual!

Melinda Spinks said...

I can't believe he's almost one! My goodness how time flies. Our little Teddy is coming up six months and that feels ridiculous.
Amy, that photo of your little man not putting his feet down just cracks me up... the look of horror on his face is priceless. I'm glad he liked the water after a little convincing. :)