Thursday, September 13, 2012

A quick drive-by post.

Well, my mom get's here tomorrow, and then I'll be in full first birthday planning mode, but wanted to share a quick layout I created using the September kit from The Sampler.  I have to say that I usually have the hardest time scrapping Easter pictures.  For me, Easter is all about pastel colors, which I don't usually scrap with.  The September kit seemed to have the perfect balance between soft colors and neutrals, so I thought I'd try and see if I could make it work.  Here's what I came up with.


Here's a closeup.


I loved that Studio Calico flair button that was in the kit.  I totally had to use it on the page of our Easter in Texas. :)

I'll check back hopefully after the big birthday.  Wish us luck.

Pin It!

13 comments:

Valerie Bishop said...

This is so soft and pretty! I love the misting! And good luck with the birthday hoopla!!:)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fun page, Amy! Love the misting! Have a great time with your mom and the party planning!

Valerie said...

Fun page Amy ! Have great time with your mom :)

scrapperjen said...

This is fabulous!!! Great color combo.
Thanks for stopping by my blog

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great page! i too have a really hard time with easter!!

Merrick Dunphy said...

This is really cute! I struggle with Easter -- as a mom of three boys, I don't have a lot of 'soft layouts' but Easter feels... soft...

I really like the cluster on this one!

Ashley C said...

Love those chev cut-out strips at the bottom of the layout! Very cool.

sarah said...

this looks great. love the misting.

sarah.

Rachel Minick said...

Love the misting and the soft colors! What a fun piece of flair!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great page love th flair and the misting

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love the silhouette paper and loving the chevrons!!!! Have fun with your Mom!!!!!

Madeline said...

Hee-hee...love the "Hey, Y'all" button! Beautiful page!

em said...

super cute! love the cut piece on the bottom!