Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just like that...

my baby is one.  I really can't believe how fast it went by.  I thought for sure that since I was older, more experienced, I would be able to slow it down.  Nope, it still flew by.  For those of you that don't remember the surprising journey this has been, you can get a refresher here.  It still amazes me how much I didn't know I needed this sweet baby boy.  I can't imagine where I would be without him.  He is my savior, my heart, and completes me and our family.

I mean, really, look how CUTE this kid is!!!


We had his 1 year appt yesterday, along with 4 shots.  Not fun, let me tell you!

Some stats:

He is almost 21 lbs, and 30 inches.  About the 35% for weight, and 60% for height.
Loves to eat any kind of table food.  Fruits and meats are his favorite.
Is doing OK with sleeping, still up twice to nurse during the night.
Napping anywhere from 45 min to 2 1/2 hours.  Only one nap now.
Loves to dance, and play hockey in the basement.
He "drives" us when we carry him by pointing or leaning in the direction he wants to go.
He can crawl, but still likes to drop to his belly and "swim" along.
Pulls up and cruises. Loves to hold our hands and walk around.
Said his first word on his birthday.  It was GOAL!  He is so going to be a hockey player!
Will look at me if he's doing something he knows he's not supposed to and CRACK UP as I come to get him.
Has quite a temper, he gets so mad if I tell him, "that's not for babies!"

He had a great party, and we were so happy to have Nana here to celebrate with us!


It took him awhile to "get" the cupcake, but he finally did.

We also had a smash cake photo shoot, but that didn't go so well, he could have cared less about eating the cake.  However, I enjoyed it very much after the shoot. :)

I realized I hadn't shared this layout I created using an older SC kit and some amazing Chic Tags.  This was from our beach trip this summer.  It's one of my favorite pictures ever.


Happy Wednesday, everyone!! Thanks so much for dropping by!


Pin It!

20 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

happy birthday to your little one!! so very cute and i love the layout! great job!!

Madeline said...

Awww, she's adorable! happy Birthday!

Elle The Heiress said...

Oooh, he's entering my favorite age, between 1 and 2 years!

Danielle said...

Aaawwww he definitely is the cutest!! Happy birthday to him!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

I can't believe he is one already! :)
He is just so cute :)

JulesHollis said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby!! He is so adorable.

Fleursbydesign said...

Happy birthday to your baby, love the layout :)

Erin Bassett said...

Awww, what a sweetie!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

He's such a cutie! It seems like my daughter (who's now 11) was 1 just yesterday. :)

angie gutshall said...

He is such a cutie! I love that page too!

Christina said...

Happy birthday to your little one-he is adorable. :)
I love your layout-those colors are perfection and those tags are seriously amazing! :)

Christa said...

I can't believe he's already one either! Feels like yesterday I was meeting you at Chipotle in all your pregnant glory!! Such a sweet, sweet boy!

Kimber-Leigh said...

how can he be one already?!?!??!
amy, he is just darling. what a sweetheart!
happy birthday davis!!!

Claire T said...

Congratulations! He looks lovely and that first word is fantastic!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to the cutest little boy!!! I love that his first word is Goal!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Nirupama said...

Happy Birthday little man! He is adorable and I love your new layout. The colors are just fab.

Gail L said...

Awww! Happy birthday sweet boy! I hear you Amy and echo all your sentiments! My Noah is now walking/running and CLIMBING and loves getting up to all sorts of mischief! So cute!

Sparklin said...

supercute pic and love the lo!

Keshet said...

oh my gosh, so big!! love the layout!

em said...

aw!!! happy birthday to your little guy! he's such a cutie!