Monday, January 28, 2013

A wonderful weekend!

I sent my hubby and my oldest off to Lake Placid this weekend for a hockey tournament with the promise that I would get several photos of their trip.  It was cold.  Very cold-like zero degrees cold, but they had a blast.  They got to do such cool stuff like play pond hockey and go snowmobiling.  They won the tournament, and it was cool that they got to play in the "miracle on ice" rink.  Here are some of my favorite pics.




This is after they won.  I love all the discarded equipment. :)


We also got some snow.  Not much, but enough for me to get my other two out for a few quick pictures.


He wouldn't stand still, so most of the pics I got of him were like this.






Whoa, quite a picture heavy post!  Now on to some scrappy stuff.  For one of my projects at Citrus Twist Kits, I created a mini album about our resolutions for 2013.



The thing is, I don't really know what to do with mini-albums, they usually end up in a pile on my desk.  So I decided to rip it apart and make a layout of it.  I love how it looks!


It was such a fun kit to work with!  I hope you have a great Monday!

Pin It!

14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks like a fun weekend and what a cute mini!

scrappymo! said...

Wow, great photos...you will have fun scrapping those!

I never know what to do with mini's either! I love the look of them but...

Your layout of the mini is the perfect solution!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love how you converted the mini to a layout, Amy! It's awesome. Lots of fun pics too!

Danielle said...

Fun weekend photos! Love how you made a layout out of your mini album. Mine are just standing above the fire place.

Jennifer Grace said...

I love the photo of the snowmobile, it's very atmospheric. The mini-book turned layout looks great! I display my mini's in a basket in my dining room. x

NinaSt said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great mini album!

Kim said...

Oh how I would love to snowmobile near Lake Placid! Not enough snow for me in wny. Love the mini turned layout!

LauraB whosthischick said...

good idea to turn your mini into a layout. I get really sick of my minis 1/2 way through, lol

Holly* said...

SUPER CUTE! the family and the mini. and LOOK AT HOW BIG DAVIS IS!!! what happened to the days of him sitting in a basket???

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love the photos!!! Can't believe how big D is!!! WOW!!! And you must live close to where I grew up... I have been to Lake Placid lots of times including the 'big' Olympics that happened there :) I loveeeeeeee how you took your mini album and turned it into a lo! GORGEOUS!!!!

Patricia said...

Great photos Amy! I love how you decided to take the book apart and make a layout with it! Great idea!

angie gutshall said...

Love your mini! Great pictures too!

mollymoo951 said...

I love how that looks too! It looks GREAT! And LOL on the pics of your lil fella! He was so excited about playing in the snow!

Sue Althouse said...

Great photos, that little hat is adorable! Minis also puzzle me, love that you turned it into a layout.