Thursday, January 24, 2013

I've been away for awhile

I ended up having to go home, my grandmother passed away.  Davis and I hopped on a plane, while Matt stayed here and took care of the bigs.  They were not happy that I was going to Texas without them, but with such short notice we just weren't able to make it happen. It was such a emotional trip, sad of course, but also full of family and memories.  I had made my grandmother a scrapbook for her 90th birthday 5 years ago.  My Aunt and Uncle said that the album was so helpful when they were planning the slideshow that they played at her funeral. I was so glad that we were able to be there, and Davis brought a lot of smiles during such a sad time.

Here are a few shots I took with my iPhone. First up is Davis with his uncles, my younger brothers.  Neither of them have kids, so they had some great quality time with the baby boy.



I was so glad to go spend some time with my mom.  Davis adores her, maybe because she lets him play with her iPhone?? :)



Then I snapped a quick one of him at the Dallas airport, in front of the Texas flag. Love.


Now that I'm home, I'm trying to catch up on my life.  Here is another layout I created using the January kit from Citrus Twist Kits.  


And a closeup:


You can check out my tutorial for how I stamped the arrow background on the Citrus Twist blog here.

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma ... but I am happy that you were able to go and be with your family. I love the photos from your trip and your lo is beautiful!! I am loving the colors!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very fun layout! love the arrows!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Amy. It sounds like you have many fond memories of her. I love your fun layout. Great work with the arrows!

sarah said...

sorry to hear about your grandma, amy. =/

i do love that layout you made. the arrows are so fun.

hugs,
sarah.

LauraB whosthischick said...

So sorry to hear about you Grandmother. We've been having a tough few months with my FIL health issues. Loving the layout you did with all the arrows, great job.

Merrick Dunphy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I adore that layout!

Izzy Anderson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Your layout is great. LOVE the stamped arrows. What a wonderful effect.

MelB said...

So very sorry for your loss Amy. Glad you were able to go home to be with your family.

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. But you had lots of great photo ops on your trip. Great layout. Love the stamped arrows!

Nirupama said...

So sorry for you and your family.

Sue Althouse said...

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother. So nice to read about how helpful your scrapbook was in honoring her memory. Love your pages, not familiar with this kit club. Off to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!