Thursday, February 07, 2013

A little mishap of the scrappy kind.

Yesterday I had a layout go up on the Chic Tags blog.  I was using the new Love Notes line, it's scrumptious. I used it along with my Dec Studio Calico kit to create a layout about Davis' new game.


And a closeup.



I LOVED how it turned out.  After I took this picture, there was a little mishap. Let's just say that the accident involved some coffee.


Yep, I totally spilled coffee on it, and when I tried to wipe it up, the mist ran EVERYWHERE! There was no way I was going to be able to cover it up, so I had to do some rearranging.  I really wanted to keep the strip I had sewn down the side, so after a while, I managed to come up with this.


I do like the new layout, and thank goodness I didn't ruin any of my gorgeous Chic Tags, but I really did love the first one.  Just hoping someone here can learn from my careless coffee drinking. :)

Happy Thursday!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I saw this yesterday on Chic Tags and TOTALLY LOVE how you 'fixed' the mistake... the new page looks just as fabulous as the first!! I love it!!! Loving the colors, the splatters and of course... I love that sweet subject of yours! :)

Christine Cieri said...

loving all those splatters and layering

Merrick Dunphy said...

I like the original layout but I adore the fix! Looks GREAT!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Very pretty!
And a great save.
Love the kraft background, too!

LauraB whosthischick said...

I am sorry it spilled, but it worked out in the end. I've had a tough time with my misting drops...they've been huge lately, lol

Jen said...

good thinking!! it turned out great in spite of the spil! ;)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I think they're both great, Amy! So glad you were able to salvage the page.

Leslie Ashe said...

I think they're both great too! I LOVE the mishap! LOL! You did great girl...just great!

Jennifer Harkema said...

Great save!

Jennifer Harkema said...

Great save!

vegetablog said...

Oh my word, I would have been devastated if this happened to me! I am super paranoid about spilling things (because I am such a klutz!). I love how you kept your cool and were able to make sweet, amazing lemonade out of the lemons! I would have never known this was a "fix." :)
~Natalie