Saturday, June 01, 2013

Happy birthday Write.Click.Scrapbook!!



June marks the 4th year that WCS has been around, and we are celebrating by picking a project that we love from this past year to use as inspiration for our gallery layout. I had a hard time picking just one to use for inspiration, because there are so many to choose from.  I finally settled on this gorgeous layout by our leader, Marnie.


Here is my layout.  I was inspired by not only the design, but the subject as well and created a layout of my baby boy with his grandmothers on his first birthday.


Here is a closeup.


We are all sharing some of our favorite tips, one for writing, one for photography (click), and one for scrapbooking.  Here are my tips.

WRITE:  I tend to do better with my journaling if I wait until I am done with my layout and just relax and tell the story.  I think journaling is so important so you don't forget all the little details behind the pictures.

CLICK:  Try to always keep your camera handy, or use your phone camera.  Take a LOT of pictures and you're bound to get one or two that you love.

SCRAPBOOK:  Remember why you are doing this.  When your family looks back on your pages they won't be worried about what products you used, they will just be grateful that you captured and recorded a special memory.

Now, I will send you on to the super talented Amy Sorensen.  Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the hop!!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is gorgeous!! LOVING the layers, the tags and the splatters!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Absolutely beautiful job with the layering and mix of product, Amy. These are photos to treasure forever (and so is the story). :)