Thursday, August 01, 2013

August 1st

What the???  Summer is flying by, and I can't believe that we are already at the end of it. My kids are not happy that their late nights and sleeping in time is starting to wind down, so I've promised them that we'll do what we can to really enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

The first of the month also brings a new gallery over at Write, Click, Scrapbook!  We have several new and VERY TALENTED designer's joining the team this month, so make sure you head over and check out the gallery.  Our theme was "go-to design", which was so easy for me.  I tend to gravitate towards one particular design.  Two photos side by side with layering behind them and embellishment clusters.  Here's my page.


I used one of the fancy chat-mattes from Fancy Pants Designs, which you can find in the silhouette store here.  Here's a closeup.


I used an older SC kit, and added some Chic Tags to complete the layout.  It turned out to be one of my favorites.

Don't forget to stop by WCS today to see everyone's projects.  Have a great Thursday!



Pin It!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the clouds and the sun!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great page Amy! This is one of my favorite designs too! Love how you used the negative cuts on your background and added the patterned paper behind them!

MelB said...

Stunning layout Amy! Our go to design are very familiar! :) Just loved the gallery, it was awesome to be part of it.

Sasha Farina said...

love love love this layout, Amy!!

ps : i used pretty Pink on my hello Love layout :)

Alinor said...

love love the colors of this layout!! the cut out designs are awesome too

lil gik said...

adorable layout, love the negative cut outs!