Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fabulous

I know I haven't been around lately, my grandmother passed away and it has taken a toll on me.  We had to rush around trying to get everyone ready for a trip back to TX for the funeral. We are back, and I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  I wanted to share a layout that I made using the August kit from The Sampler.  This has been one of my favorite kits ever, I just wish I was feeling more like scrapping.  I made this layout before my grandmother died, but haven't done much since.  Hoping to get one more layout finished.


Here's a closeup of the Jilibean soup stamps, I embossed them with gold.


I also used some of the Chic Tags freebie cut files. LOVE!


I tried my hand at painting with my mist, and I love how it turned out.  I added some splatters after it dried.

Thanks for dropping by my neglected blog.  Give me a few days and I promise to be back in the swing.



Pin It!

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry for your loss....

I loveeeeeee your lo! LOVING the bright, happy colors!!

I know your mojo will come back when you least expect it to! :)

Tanya Ham said...

Thanks so much for the love on my blog today, I'm a new follower. So sorry for your loss. I'm enjoying your recent posts :)

Lisa Dickinson said...

oh amy - i'm so sorry about your grandmother! it's always hard to scrap when your heart hurts :(

this is a gorgeous page - love all the colors & artsy feel!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Oh this is fantastic

Jingle said...

Absolutely awesome layout! LOVE the color on this!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is a beautiful page, Amy. Big hugs to you.

Amy said...

SO sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. Love this page, great use of color. Your blog is in no way neglected, I just realized I hadn't posted since May....where does the time go?

Keshet said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Amy!

Dictionary said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma..losing a loved one is always hard.

Loving the layout. The colors are just so cherry and bright.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Sorry for your loss. I love this layout - so bright and cheerful! xo

Piper AndTheKids said...

I'm sorry you lost your grandmother :( {{hugs}}

Penny Smith said...

I am SOOO sorry I missed this before. I just haven't been online much and I miss soo much on Facebook! I am sorry for your loss! It is such a hard thing! She sounds like such a beautiful person!

Penny Smith said...

I am SOOO sorry I missed this before. I just haven't been online much and I miss soo much on Facebook! I am sorry for your loss! It is such a hard thing! She sounds like such a beautiful person!