Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A birthday and a layout

Well, my sweet baby boy turned two this past weekend.  I can't believe it, time has just flown by.  It still blows my mind that I had no idea how much I needed this sweet blessing.  I am so thankful for him, and the sleepless nights that come with him. ;)  Here are some shots from his day.




Some 2 year info on my sweet boy.
He is 20 % for weight and 41% for height.
He talks non-stop and I can usually pick out every third or fourth word.
He loves to be outside, and play hockey and fumble in the basement.
He still loves Yo Gabba Gabba and has to watch it every morning when he wakes up and after nap.
Speaking of nap, he still takes one most days for about 2 hrs.
Sleep, or lack thereof, is still a struggle.  He's up at least twice a night still.
Nurses to sleep for nap, bed, and when he wakes at night.
Is a pretty good eater, but has a serious sweet tooth.
Asks for "dondits", which is donuts, all the time.
He likes to play with cars, trains, trucks...pretty much anything with wheels.
Loves his "Au-ee" and "Ya" more than anything.

He is such a blessing, and I am so thankful for him!

How about a Fancy Pants Design layout?  You know, Christmas is on it's way, and today I have a layout that I created using the new Merry Little Christmas line, which I just love!! I also added in a wood frame, some cool chalk board die cuts, some of the cork hearts which I sprayed gold and some trim.  You can find all of those products in our Artist Edition section.


Here are some closeups.



Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a great Tuesday!



Pin It!

14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a beautiful layout!! love the black background!!

super cute photos of your little one!

artfulscrapbooking said...

Happy birthday to your super cute boy!! Awesome layout! Love the black and white photo and the Dear Santa tag!! :) Evie

lil gik said...

Sweet pictures of your little man on his special day! Love the non-traditional colors you used for your fab Christmas layout!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Happy birthday to your sweet boy, Amy. Two already?! When did that happen? LOL! Love your striking layout too. So many wonderful elements!

Gary Rose said...

I love everything about this layout. I love the old time feeling of the layout with just a little bit of fun that you added with your gold spritz. TFS I find it inspiring! Happy belated birthday to your little boy he is very cute.

bitsypookums.com said...

The gold splatter on the black background is such an interested idea for a Christmas layout! I love the layers and the way it all came together.

Tammy said...

Fabulous layout! I love the gold splatters on the black background. :)

Madeline said...

Beautiful layout. The gold is so striking against the dark background. Happy Birthday to your little one!

MelB said...

Such a blessing indeed, he's adorable. Love that he loves donuts. HAHAHA

Love the layout, awesome layering and design.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

2 already?!?!?! How is that possible???? OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeee your photos and love love love your lo!! Just GORGEOUS!!! Happy BIRTHDAY sweet boy!!

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness, what a BEAUTIFUL boy you have!!! :) Love the layout too, so many gorgeous layers and embellishments-love it!

Ange said...

Awesome layout! Love all the layers and wood!!
Your little boy is too cute, fun photos.

Meghann said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Happy birthday!

Nirupama said...

Lovely layout. Love the large wood veneer.
Happy birthday to your special boy too. Two is such a fun age, really :)
And, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Your support means a lot .