Thursday, September 12, 2013

Special Moments

When I created my layout for the Fancy Pants Designs and Tombow blog hop, which you can see here, It was a very special layout for me since I used the last family photo I have with my grandmother.  I wanted to create a focal point using a cut file I created.


Once I had the cut file created, I cut it out using my silhouette.  In my haste to get creating, I forgot to adjust the size of my cut file, so I had to resize and recut.  I couldn't bear to throw away the first one I cut out and was hoping to be able to make it work differently on another project.  I had this picture of my grandmother and I that I decided to use it for, and I really love how it turned out.  I feel like I used the cut file in enough of a different way than I did on my first layout.


Here are some closeups.




Fancy Pants makes it so easy to embellish your layouts, since every line has so many amazing embellishments included.

If you'd like a copy of the cut file, feel free to download it here.

Thanks for stopping by today, I love having visitors!

Pin It!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee how this turned out!! GORGEOUS colors, layers and loving that photo!!!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What an amazing layout. Just love how you've used this lovely cut file. The yellow misting is a super touch!

senoritaml said...

Very nice!

lil gik said...

Beautiful layout for your very sweet picture!

Mirabyll said...

Wow! I love this! The die cut gives so much interest and the yellow/orange mist is such a touch of happiness! The cork heart is super cute too, I haven't seen that before! TFS!

Debby said...

Beautifully done.

Fleursbydesign said...

Gorgeous layout, love the cut file :)

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Amy!! Beautiful job incorporating the cut file on both layouts, but achieving a different look on each page!

Tanya Ham said...

So pretty!

Heather Sweet said...

Beautiful and very sweet layout! I love Fancy Pants! I love all their awesome embellies!