Thursday, January 02, 2014

Eeek, where did the time go??!!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in so long, welcome to the holidays.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  Ours was fabulous, and we got to spend a lot of good family time which is what is important.

Christmas was amazing, we actually had everything ready to go, so that we could enjoy our Christmas Eve together.  We got the babes in bed, set up, then enjoyed watching The Family Man, which is one of my all time favorite movies.  The kids were happy with their gifts, and watching Davis enjoy his new toys is always so much fun.

Here they are getting a glimpse of their new stuff.




Davis loved all his toys, his trains were his favorite.


Georgia was THRILLED to find One Direction tickets tucked into her Niall cutout.


Austin loved his new hockey stick.


I haven't been scrapping as much due to all the family festivities, but I did manage to get a page done for the monthly challenge at Chic Tags.  This month, the challenge is all about goals.  For a few years I have picked one little word (a la Ali Edwards) to focus on for the year.  For 2013, my word was give.  I wanted to make sure I was giving my all. Although 2013 was definitely not my best year, I do feel like I managed to keep true to my word in some aspects of my life. This is my OLW page from last year.


My word for 2014 is present.  I want to be present. When I'm playing with Davis, I want to be present with him, not checking my iPhone, or folding laundry.  When I'm watching a movie with my hubby, I want to be enjoying spending time with him, not sitting on my computer while I pretend to be watching the movie. For this layout, I used the Chic Tags School House collection, the Good Tidings collection, some of the cool tags from October monthly kit, and some of my other favorite classic tags.  I love how it came out.

I love how it turned out.  Chic Tags has some great stuff going on right now including a design team call. You can get all the details here, and also see a sneak peek of the new lines they are debuting at CHA.

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

8 comments:

artfulscrapbooking said...

Oh...I love your layouts Amy!! I'm really glad I got to see them, I'm doing OLW for the first time and I'm very excited! :) Evie

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are awesome pages, Amy! I love how you do your layering, tucking little bits in here and there. Happy New Year!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeee the Christmas photos and loveeeeee both your OLW lo's!! LOVING the layers!!

paperlovechronicles said...

Great layout and OLW! Being present is definitely something I need to work on occasionally as well :)

Lea Lawson said...

These layouts are amazing!! Love them!!

And your Christmas photos are SO fun..love seeing a little peek into your holiday!!

MelB said...

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family Amy! Love seeing Davis with his presents. Your layouts are gorgeous, glad you had a bit of time to scrap.

Nirupama said...

Looks like a wonderful family holiday. Happy new year to you ! I love the layouts and your olw. Very inspiring. I'm always doing the same things.

Keshet said...

love your los, especially give!!so cute!