Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Snow

We woke up to about 7 inches of snow this morning…what??  I think this is the latest in March that we've gotten this much snow in quite a long time.  At least it's pretty to look at!


I wanted to share a layout that I created using the March kit from Chic Tags.  The kit has such fun, spring colors, so I paired it with a black background and a super cute selfie of my baby boy.

Here's the March kit:



Here are some closeups.  I like to only use what's in the kit, and alter some of the journaling cards to use as embellishments.




If you haven't checked out the Chic Tags kits, make sure to head over here and take a look.

Hope you're wearing green!


Pin It!

10 comments:

Leslie Webster said...

Wow seven inches is a lot, seems like you'll have a late spring. The layout is beautiful. Love the stitched circles, a nice touch!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh that kit looks like fun
and i love the layout on the dark backgound- makes everything pop

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super page, Amy! Love how the colors pop off the dark background. Loving the stitching around the circular tags too!

Fawn said...

Snow in March is an unbelievable concept to this Texan. You are right though, it is very pretty.

I love the dark background and the stitching. Your work is always inspiring.

Stay warm!

Valerie Andrieux said...

Very pretty layout. Love the stitching around the circle.

TracieClaiborne said...

Wow - I love this all popping on black. Adorable! I will definitely check out Chic Tags - hadn't heard of that!

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness, all that snow!!! Where oh where is Spring?!? :) That looks like a fantastic kit, LOVE what you've done-so pretty! The stitching really makes it!

Debby Lewis said...

This is incredible! The black background totally popped everything else. Great creativity.

Solange J. said...

Love how the color pop onto this black background, beautiful layout !

Fresh Delight said...

I love this website,... I adore the stitching on every layout I'v seen now lol. I wish I had a sewing machine :)