Friday, March 06, 2015

Friday Favorites 3/6/15



This has been a long, snowy week. I am looking forward to no more shoveling, so I hope we are done with snow for this year.  Here are some favorites from me this week.




Oh, this MUG!!! Pretty sure it's the most perfect coffee cup I've ever seen.


I made this recipe this week, and was surprised that it was a huge hit, even with my picky teenager! If the link doesn't work, here's the recipe.
Ingredients
  • pkg (9 oz) refrigerated spinach tortellini
  • pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
  • 1 1/2 pounds  boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • tablespoons  olive oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon  plus 1/2 tsp salt
  • bag (5 oz) baby spinach
  • pint  grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
  • 1/3 cup  heavy cream
  • tablespoons  grated Parmesan
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook 7 minutes (or as per package directions).
2. Meanwhile, dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. Drain tortellini, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 tsp of the salt. Add to skillet and brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, heavy cream and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Simmer 1 minute. Add tortellini and reserved pasta water, if needed; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with Parmesan. Grind black pepper over top.

I'm loving this purse it's the perfect neutral for spring.



This mini album from Amanda is my paper crush this week. I'm not a big mini-album creator, but this makes me want to whip one up for fun.

I'm linking up with these fun gals this week.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend, thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I have GOT to get that mug. That is perfect. I think the link to that recipe isn't working and I'd love to see it. It looks delicious and anything that will get a picky kid to eat is worth trying.

Julia said...

Hi there, stopping over from the Friday Blog Hop! I LOVE that mug, I've seen it a couple of times and I am so tempted to buy it, even though I currently cannot fit one more mug in my cabinet. :) Love that purse, so pretty! Hope you have a terrific weekend!

Laynah said...

Dying over that mug!! Heart eyes! Thanks for the recipe :)

Jenn said...

That mug is pretty killer. Stopping by from the linkup, your blog is super cute!