Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Trunk Club for Women

Hey everyone, I am going to share a review of Trunk Club today, which is a personal styling service similar to Stitch Fix. Unlike Stitch Fix, there is no styling fee, and you only pay for what you keep, so I knew there was no harm in trying it out. It's owned by Nordstrom, which is where I buy most of my clothes, so I had high hopes for it.

First I logged in and created a profile.  I was matched with a stylist who contacted me that same day to chat a bit about what I was looking for.  Then she got to work on styling my trunk and I received a preview of what she had picked out a few days later, which I was able to give her some feedback and cancel any items that I didn't like before my trunk went out.  About a week later my trunk was on the way.  Here's what I got.


Bridget sent my 19 items to try, and I get 10 days to try to decide what I want to keep.  Here are a billion pics of what I got.

First up I grabbed the Treasure and Bond Plaid Shirt ($78) and paired it with the AG The Legging jeans $205), which I loved!

Here's the back of the AG jeans.


I threw on the Linen Jacket by Caslon ($78), which was too big and made me look like I was wearing shoulder pads from the 80's. Definitely going back.


This is the Annite Floral Silk Blouse ($248) which I hated.  Not only was it so expensive, but it was not flattering at all.  I paired it with the Verdugo Paige Denim ($208).  I adored the pants.


Here's the back of the Paige jeans.  Obviously I don't need two pair of grey jeans, so I'm trying to decide between the two.


The Verdugo jeans in white ($199), which were the same size and brand, were TOO TIGHT. I mean really too tight, so no pic of them.

The Black Diana jeans by Kut from the Kloth ($89) were huge, so they are going back.

The Moto Leigh jeans by Topshop ($65) were a difficult color for me (think a mustardy brown) so they're going back.

Next up I tried on the Check Oversize Shirt from Topshop ($58).


A little better with a half tuck.


Next up I tried the Tomales Bay Waterproof Hooded Jacket by Northface ($180).


I liked it a lot, but didn't need a rain coat (especially one that was almost $200) so it's going back.

Here's the Waterfall Blouse from Halogen ($59).  I think this is just "eh" on me.


I loved the Layered Chiffon Top from Pleione ($58) when I pulled it out of the box, but on? Not so much.


The back is cool, it just seems too big.


The On The Road stripe tunic from Free People ($108) was just all wrong on me.




The last top I had was the V-Neck T-Shirt from Splendid ($68). It was fine, but $68 for a t-shirt???


I asked for totes, and Bridget totally delivered. I loved the Tory Burch Slouchy Nylon Tote ($325), but I was hoping for a brighter spring/summer tote.


You can never go wrong with Kate Spade, and this small Cedar Street Harmony leather tote ($248) was gorgeous, but not the casual style I was looking for.


This Vince Camuto small Viana tote ($148) was also a bit too dressy.


I loved the Celina Printed Canvas Tote ($54.95), but I couldn't get it on my shoulder and it reminded me too much of a beach bag.


Love the Oversize Millie Geo Print Tote, also from Sole Society ($64.95), but not sure if it's too big?


So basically I'm still undecided on the jeans and the tote.  What do you think?  Which grey jeans do you like best?  What about the geo print tote?

I really enjoyed receiving my first Trunk, and am looking forward to trying it again in the future. If you'd like to try Trunk Club, I'd love for you to use my link to sign up.  I get $50 towards my next trunk if you do, which I'd really appreciate! Happy Tuesday!













Pin It!

2 comments:

Amber Bost said...

I am partial to the Paige Verdugo grey jeans! That is my favorite brand :) They hold their shape well. And as for the tote, I do not think it is to big. :) The Splendid top is worth the $68 if you need a black top. No fading, retains it's shape, washes well and lasts forever!

www.liveliftrun.com

Arianamarie said...

Love the Annite floral blouse with the Paige jeans.